Key characteristics of the JFC curriculum:
- Vehicle to improving social mobility for the town of Melton Mowbray
- Regardless of starting points, all students access an aspirational curriculum
- All students study humanities to GCSE and where recruitment allows, the vast majority will study a language over their 5 years at JFC
- In addition to core curriculum, students are offered a wide range of option subjects
- learning is a 5 year journey split up into manageable chunks called "Milestones".
- Clear focus on transition between primary and secondary (MET)
- John Ferneley College is highly committed to offering all students the opportunity to take part in a wide range of enrichment activities, through sport, performance and outdoor adventurous activities.