We are excited to be taking part in the Bookbuzz Scheme again this year. It’s a great way to promote reading for pleasure and get our students engaged in reading.
The Bookbuzz scheme aims to develop a love of reading and does so by offering students in Year 7 the chance to choose their own book to keep from a list of 17 carefully selected titles.
Bookbuzz is a great way to:
- Respond to the Key Stage 3 curriculum to support Reading for Pleasure
- Give students books and resources to support them to boost skills in reading, communication and literacy
- Offer a high quality selection of books (the books are chosen by industry professionals, teachers and librarians)
- Encourage home-school engagement, by giving books to students to keep and take home with them
- Support a whole school reading culture across the school and encourage a love of reading
Please find below a PowerPoint with information about the books on offer, or click the link to watch a YouTube video.