COVID-19 and flu vaccination programme for 12-15 year olds - 26th November 2021
Please keep the community immunisation team informed of any medical changes, or change to consent about the vaccination/s, using the contact details below:
Email: [email protected] / Tel: 0300 3000 007
COVID Vaccination Programme for 12 - 15 year olds
We are now able to confirm with you the details for the upcoming COVID-19 vaccination programme taking place across all secondary schools in England, for 12 to 15 year olds.
In summary the guidance tells us the following:
- 12 to 15 year olds are being offered the first does of the vaccine.
- Consent will be sought by the SAIS (School Age Immunisation Service) provider from the parent or person with parental responsibility in the same way as for any other school vaccination programme.
- Children who are 12 years old and over on the day the SAIS team visits the school, will be offered a vaccination as part of the in-school vaccination programme.
- Significantly, the SAIS will be the primary provider of the vaccination programme for healthy 12 to 15 year olds and will be legally responsible for the delivery of the vaccine. Legal accountability for offering COVID-19 vaccines to children and young people sits with the SAIS and not with the school.
- Vaccines will be administered by healthcare staff working closely with the school and following the usual approach to school-based immunisation.
- The SAIS provider will be contractually responsible for the service, as they are for other school vaccination programmes.
John Ferneley College will be offering 12 to 15 year olds a vaccination session on Friday 26th November 2021. Please find below NHS information letter and online consent form below for parents/guardians to read and action consent.
The vaccine will NOT be offered in school to any young person without parent/guardian consent.
Flu vaccination programme - also taking place on Friday 26th November 2021
Flu vaccinations (open to all years), and covid vaccinations (open to all years), will now take place on the same day – Friday 26th November.
Please find below NHS information letter for parents/guardians to read and action consent.
HPV/MMR – rescheduled
Due to pressing need to mobilse the programme, all scheduled session dates originally organised for the HPV/MMR vaccinations that were due to be held at John Ferneley College will be rescheduled within this academic year. Further details to follow in the Spring term, once we receive them.
If you have any further queries about the vaccination programme, please contact the immunisation team on 0300 300 0007, or by email [email protected]