If your child is on the SEND register they could receive support in many different ways:
- LSA support in lessons
- 1:1 or small group interventions during registration or lesson time
- Supported after-school study sessions
- Nurture tutor group (Yr 7 only)
- Additional Numeracy and Literacy in place of Languages
- Access to the Inclusion Room
- Support during unstructured times
Our Inclusion Room is accessible to some students before and after school and during break and lunches. Some students may have specific intervention lessons in the Inclusion Room working with members of the SEND Team.
The SEND team aims to meet with parents and students three times throughout the academic year to set and review individual targets and to assess the level of support and provision in place. Every child on the SEND register will have a Student Support Plan and a One Page Profile. These informative and supportive documents are shared with all teaching and support staff. If your child has an Education Health and Care Plan an annual review will be held at the school and will involve parents, students, staff from the school and any relevant professionals who work directly with your child.
To find out what the Inclusion Room means to our students and to read Zak's story - please see attachments below.