SPORTS UPDATE CHRISTMAS 2019
Our Sports department not only has high rates of success when competing in local and regional competitions, but there are also large numbers of sports for students to take part in. Below is an update for the sports activities that took place during the first Autumn term.
- Rosie Ashmore is the Junior Girls County Cross Country League Champion.
- The year 8 Boys Football Team reached the last 32 of the national cup (best ever performance by a John Ferneley team).
- The Intermediate Girls Cross Country Team were Silver Medallists in the County Cross Country League.
- The Junior Girls Cross Country Team were Bronze Medallists in the County Cross Country League.
- The Year 7 Girls Cross Country Team were Bronze Medallists in the County Cross Country League.
- Year 11 Boys Basketball Team are Melton and Rutland Champions.
- The year 8 and 11 Boys Basketball team are representing Melton in the County Finals.
Students Involved in Extra-Curricular Sports Activities this half term
- Year 7: 122 53%
- Year 8: 131 54%
- Year 9: 133 56%
- Year 10: 78 32%
- Year 11: 73 32%
Events the school has been involved in this Half Term.
- 11 Boys Football Matches
- 1 Girls Football Match
- 9 Netball Matches
- 11 Badminton/Table Tennis recreation sessions
- 3 Cross Country Meetings
- 3 Rugby Matches
- 20 Basketball Matches
- Providing Leaders for Primary Table Tennis Competition
- Providing Leaders for the Melton and Rutland Primary basketball finals.
- Providing Leaders for the Melton Primary Football Finals
Pupil Premium Students Involved in Sporting extracurricular activities
- Year 7 - 22 - 47%
- Year 8 - 23 - 44%
- Year 9 - 14 - 60%
- Year 10 - 14 - 30%
- Year 11 - 6 - 18%
Trip to watch Leicester Riders vs Plymouth raiders in the BBL on 6th December