Pastoral Student Support
We take the health and well-being of our students very seriously and have a range of support options available, working closely with staff internally and local agencies.
What we offer
- Head of Year and Assistant Head of Year for each year group
- Support Hub
- Dedicated Wellbeing Room
- Trained Emotional Literacy Support Assistants (ELSA)
- Alternative Provision (The Den)
- Form Tutor Programme
- Weekly themed assemblies covering a range of topics
- Well-Being Dog
- Supportive Attendance team
- Trained staff in Level 2 and 3 Counselling Skills
- Experienced Designated Safeguarding Leads
- A range of different mentoring options available
- School Nurse
- Designated Education Mental Health Practitioners
Hear from our students
The Den is a fun environment. I like being able to use this as a base and have learnt a lot from being here - Leo
The Support Hub has helped me stay in school. Everything they say they will do, happens!
The teachers down the Support Hub offer a range of support and listen to everything that you have to say. They always find a way to make you feel better and give you the best advice - Rosie
The support system at John Ferneley College has really helped me, so I can feel comfortable and confident at all times - Sophia
To discuss our Pastoral Support in further detail, please contact > [email protected].